Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Vegetable Pasta

Yummy low carb dinner:


Today I am making Pasta with Turkey Meatballs, but this is not any regular pasta.  It is completely made from veggies.  No flour.  Using different squashes.  It Should be Yummy.  So come along on this venture with me.  Here goes nothing:

First I am using a Spaghetti Squash.  cut it in half rub a little olive oil on the meat and place it face down on a foil covered baking sheet.  Put it in a 350 degree oven until it is cooked and comes out looking like spaghetti.


  Mine I left in for 45 minutes because I like mine a little softer, but not mushy.  While this is cooking I am on to the Zucchini and Yellow squashes.  I am going to julienne these.  Here goes.  This is looking incredible.  My camera is not charged Dang it....  I will take a minute to plug it in...


Now lets get the ingredients together:




  • 1 clove garlic, minced 
  • 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained 
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 
  • zucchini, spaghetti squash, Summer Squash
  • Salt and pepper, to taste 
  • Pinch fresh basil, optional 
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 2 ounces
  • Turkey sausage Meatballs.





In a large skillet, brown the sausage meatballs with the garlic; drain off any excess grease. Add the tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for a few minutes. Add the squash and cook just until it is tender but not mushy. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the basil and Parmesan cheese to serve.



Delish!!  Enjoy My Minions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment