Monday, March 18, 2013

Today it Snowed

School Snow Day!!
I started my day (after an entire night of insomnia) with phone calls from the school cancelling school.  Yay, snow day.  So, got up, and took some pictures of the place.












Then I came in and lit the fireplace, and made some coffee.  Started Cheeseburger Potato soup, a taco roll, and am thinking of making some tarts.  Looking out on the beauty of the world this morning had me reflecting on everything around us and the fact that we take it for granted.  Do we enjoy the Snow so late in March or Complain about it?  The Moisture will help our trees, grass and flowers grow.  Yet we complain about it.  I complain about it.  But then, I took my coffee out onto the porch and rethought my complaint.  Peaceful and useful this snow is.  Our lives are much the same way.  We Take how we feel for granted.  I wrapped up in a blanket, put on my slippers, grabbed my bible and sat in the cold and read to myself.  Focusing on the thoughts from the night before.  Breathing in slowly and exhaling just as slow.  Watching my breath, feeling my heart beat in my chest.  I complained on Facebook about no sleep and A friend told me "Ellen all you really need to do is remember. Remember holding your children the day they where born. Remember the sparkle in there eyes on Christmas morning. Now place both your hands on your heart and feel it beating and think of all your friends and family and remember you are loved and prayed for. That's your blanket "
It was the best advice I ever got.  It helped me put a few things in perspective.  What am I complaining about snow for?  Look at my blessings, Look at my life.  is it really that bad?  


So, onward and upward.  Into the Kitchen I went:














Coffee and Tarts.  That will help put it all into perspective!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment